Radio is one of the most popular media among the people of India. It covers a very large audience. While the FM bandwidth caters to urban demography, the AM bandwidth covers rural areas. In addition, Internet-based radio stations have transformed the reach of the medium exponentially.
“If people can finally recognize you on the radio without being told who it is, you know you’ve done some things right. That’s what we aim for.”
- Radio advertising has the advantage of local targeting.
- Not only can you target listeners by geographic area, but also based on listening trends.
- It helps in reaching a listener multiple times.
- FM radio advertising has a great advantage for high-frequency marketing campaigns.
Best Practices in FM Radio advertising
- Select the advertising time band on FM Radio in line with the listenership’s habit.
- Try to get the ad placed closer to the ad breaks in the radio program.
- Use a mix of jingle-lengths, first to create an impact and then to maintain continuity in the radio campaign.
- The message can then be optimized for the intended consumers and can be broadcast when they are traveling, without hindering their schedule.
List of FM Radio Advertising options
- Jingle advertising
- Studio Shift
- RJ Mention
- Time Check
- Sponsorship tag
- Radio Contest
The fact that businesses can target locally and regionally through radio advertising makes it a very versatile and powerful marketing tool. We, at MPlan, aim to supply solutions that are crafted to provide the strongest possibility of maximum impact of our clients’ messages on their intended consumers. Hence, to make the best Return on Investment a possibility for our clients, we include radio as part of our service spectrum.
Get in touch with our experts for Radio Advertising
1.How much does it cost to advertise on FM radio?
FM Radio advertising costs start at Rs.30 per 10 seconds of air time, and can go up to Rs.2,500 for a 10 second ad. FM Radio advertising rates are always mentioned as the cost for playing your 10 sec ad ONCE on an FM station. Contact our experts to know about it in detail.
2. What is RAM in context of Radio advertising in India?
RAM stands for Radio Audience Meter. It reports the FM Radio listenership in India. But, it is a paid service and not all stations participate in a RAM survey.
3. How much does it cost to run a 30 second radio ad?
The advertising rate for a 30 second ad on an FM station would be three times that of the advertising rate card (which shows the rate for a 10 second ad).
4. How can I get my advertisement to air on FM Radio?
Reach out to a radio advertising agency like MPlan Media to run your ad on FM Radio stations. They will help you select the right FM channel to advertise on, as well as get you the best rate for advertising. MPlan media can provide the best planning support regarding FM advertising, among other media.
5. For how long should I advertise on the radio?
While there is no limit on maximum number of days, it is recommended to advertise at least for a week.