Cinema is an upcoming advertising medium. Here are some facts that show how cinema advertising has progressed over the years.
- The client mix for in-cinema advertising has seen a gradual change over the years, from a government focused medium – as much as 80 per cent of the advertising revenue was attributed to public sector advertising about three to four years ago – to a focus on local and corporate advertising – the latter alone occupying around 55 per cent of the portfolio.
- Currently, the ad duration for a single screen is about three to four minutes per film as against approximately 20 minutes for multiplexes, suggesting potential for ad volume growth in single screens.
- The in-cinema advertising in India is currently approximately at 1% of the total ad-spends and it could grow at 20% to 25% per annum over the next five years.
- Currently cinema advertising is close to ₹525 crore market which is slated to grow further.
- Cinema is expected to grow by 15% in 2017, taking the total Cinema advertising revenue to nearly ₹600 crores.